Thursday 24 January 2013

Interview with Tina Pollick

Hey, guys. Glad to see you here. Today we're chatting with author Tina Pollick. When Tina isn’t writing paranormal romance about Heavenly hunks, and smart, sassy women, this RN enjoys a quiet home life with her husband, children, two horses, two dogs, cat, chickens, guineas ... well sort of quiet. Tina's here to talk about her novel, GABRIEL.

Welcome to We Do Write, Tina. How long have you been writing? 

Since this past summer.

Tell us about GABRIEL. What’s the story about?

When demons break ancient bonds, a love-match between a valiant archangel and a selfless nurse bring humanity's last hope—but contagion from the demons threaten their newly developed bond.

Kematians escape the guard of the watchful archangels and flee into the world to feed on humanity. With powerful regeneration abilities, the demons turn the tide against the valiant archangels, taking a toll on their numbers. Will Calla Stevens, a nurse with miraculous healing abilities, be able to save Gabriel when he's on the cusp of death?

How did the idea of the story come to you?

I think it was a series of ‘what if’ questions. I didn’t have a dream about it or anything cool like that. It really was a labor of love.

Do you have a critique group/partner or beta readers, or do you self-edit?

I belong to a critique group. And I have to say having someone who’s also a writer really helps in many ways.

Are you a planner or a pantser?

I’m a halfster. I do a real rough outline. Okay it’s not really an outline. I draw squares on a paper and write a few things in each one. I like the freedom of being able to follow my characters when they take me to unexpected places, but I also want to know where the end destination is and an idea of how they’re going to get there.

What’s the hardest part of writing for you?

Staying on task. Working from home is challenging anyway, but when I write it’s really difficult to just sit down and write. I’m thinking about laundry, writing bids or invoices for my husbands business, what am I going to make for dinner. I’m really a better evening writer, but evenings are family time so I write during the day.

What do you absolutely have to have nearby when writing?

You’re going to laugh, but I like these little candies called ‘baby feet’. They’re colorful candies that are used as favors for baby showers. My cousin had a baby shower this fall and they became a favorite. You know those candy necklaces? Well they taste just like that. Mmmmm.

If you could have any super power, what would it be?

I would fly. I have terrible night vision, even with my glasses. If I have to go to the store and get something in the evening, I really hate it. If I could fly, then I could zip over to Walmart or Krogers anytime I needed to. That would be so cool. Are you handing out super powers? If so then this is the BEST interview ever!

Now that would be cool, wouldn't it? What's the weirdest thing you've googled?

Hmmm, this is a good question. I wish I had something really weird to tell you, but I’m afraid I’m a boring google searcher. I have had to reword things because what I was looking for is not what came up.

Quick writing test! Use the following words in a sentence: extraordinary, eggs, and euphoria.

The blue and grey speckled eggs are extraordinary, filling me with a sense of euphoria.

Finish this sentence: If I'm not writing, I'm probably ...

  taking out the trash.

LOL, okay, that's a unique answer. Here’s the part where you thank the people who are supporting you. Let's hear your shout outs.

My family is really my rock. I couldn’t write without the support and patience of my husband and kids. The words would never leave my computer without the encouragement from my girlfriends on Scrib. I have awesome beta readers who let me know what’s working and what needs to change. Overall I considered myself to be extremely blessed by all the wonderful people I’m surrounded by.

And finally, where can people find you and your books online?

Twitter and Facebook.

GABRIEL can be found at Evernight, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Bookstrand, All Romance e-Books, Sony, Apple, Chapters-Indigo/KOBO, Coffee Time Romance and Rainbow Ebooks.

No comments: