Thursday 8 November 2012

Introducing the Judging Agent for November's Three Two One Pitch Contest

Our Three-Two-One Pitch contest will be taking place next week, and I bet you're all dying to know who the judging agent is. Well, I'm pleased to announce that I've lined up an awesome one for you, one I'm sure you'll be excited about.

Our judging agent is:
Marie Lamba of the Jennifer DeChiara Literary Agency!

Marie Lamba joined JDLA as an Associate Agent in 2011. She is the author of the young adult novel WHAT I MEANT . . . (Random House), and her work appears in the short story anthology LIAR LIAR (Mendacity Press) and the anthology CALL ME OKAASAN: ADVENTURES IN MULTICULTURAL MOTHERING (Wyatt-MacKenzie Publishing). Marie's articles appear in more than 100 publications, including national magazines such as Writer's Digest, Garden Design, and RWR. She has worked as an editor, an award-winning public relations writer, and a book publicist, has taught classes on novel writing and author promotion, and is a member of Romance Writers of America and The Liars Club.

Here's what Marie says she's open to for the contest:

Young adult and middle-grade fiction, along with general and women's fiction and some memoir.  Books that are moving and/or hilarious are especially welcome.  I am NOT interested in picture books, science fiction, or high fantasy (though I am open to paranormal elements), category romance (though romantic elements are welcome), non-fiction, or in books that feature graphic violence.


The contest will take place November 15th and 16th. I will make an official entry post, and contestants will leave their three-sentence pitch in the comments section of that post. For more details, click here.

I'm very happy to have Marie judge this round. Be sure to follow the blog, and get those pitches ready, folks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I won't enter as I've got too much going on right now (and write now too lol) but this sounds very intriguing and I'll be observing what happens. Great idea Dorothy, especially with the NaNoWriMo activity! Have fun!

Dorothy Dreyer said...

Thanks, Aneesa. I have a couple contests lined up for early next year. Hope you have time to enter those (if you haven't already scored an agent by then). ;)